Ball Corporation and its consolidated subsidiaries (collectively, Ball, the company, we or our) is one of the world’s leading suppliers of metal packaging to the beverage, personal care and household products industries. The company was organized in 1880 and incorporated in the state of Indiana, United States of America (U.S.), in 1922. Our packaging products are produced for a variety of end uses and are manufactured in facilities around the world. We also provide aerospace and other technologies and services to governmental and commercial customers within our aerospace segment. In 2018, our total consolidated net sales were $12 billion. Our packaging businesses were responsible for 90 percent of our net sales, with the remaining 10 percent contributed by our aerospace business.
Our largest product line is aluminum beverage containers. We also produce aerosol containers, extruded aluminum aerosol containers and aluminum slugs.
We sell our packaging products mainly to large multinational beverage, personal care and household products companies with which we have developed long-term relationships. This is evidenced by our high customer retention and large number of long-term supply contracts. While we have a diversified customer base, we sell a significant portion of our packaging products to major companies and brands, as well as to numerous regional customers. Our significant customers include: The Coca-Cola Company and its affiliated bottlers, Anheuser-Busch InBev n.v./s.a., Molson Coors Brewing Company and Unilever N.V.