Southwest Georgia Financial Corporation (the “Corporation”) is a Georgia bank holding company organized in 1980, which, in 1981, acquired 100% of the outstanding shares of Southwest Georgia Bank (the “Bank”). The Bank commenced operations as Moultrie National Bank in 1928. The Bank is a state-chartered bank insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (the “FDIC”).
The Corporation's primary business is providing banking services through the Bank to individuals and businesses principally in the following counties: Colquitt, Baker, Worth, Lowndes, and Tift as well as the surrounding counties of southwest Georgia. Empire Financial Services, Inc. (“Empire”), a provider of commercial mortgage banking services has been wholly owned by the Bank since 2001. In December 2017, the Bank dissolved Empire. The executive office of the Corporation is located at 25 Second Avenue, S. W., Moultrie, Georgia 31768, and its telephone number is (229) 985-1120.
All references herein to the Corporation include Southwest Georgia Financial Corporation and the Bank unless the context indicates a different meaning.