XPO Logistics, Inc., a Delaware corporation, together with its subsidiaries ("XPO," "XPO Logistics," the "Company," "we" or "our"), is a top ten global provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. The Company operates as a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. We use our network to help our customers manage their goods most efficiently through their supply chains. Our revenue derives from a mix of key verticals, such as retail and e-commerce, food and beverage, consumer packaged goods and industrial. As of December 31, 2018, we operated with more than 100,000 employees and 1,535 locations in 32 countries and served over 50,000 customers.
We run our business on a global basis, with two reporting segments: Transportation and Logistics. In 2018, approximately 65% of our revenue came from Transportation; the other 35% came from Logistics. Within each segment, we have robust service offerings that are positioned to capitalize on fast-growing areas of customer demand. Substantially all of our services operate under the single brand of XPO Logistics.
We offer customers an unmatched transportation network of multiple modes, flexible capacity and route density to transport freight quickly and cost effectively from origin to destination. Our scale and service range are significant advantages - both for XPO, as competitive differentiators, and for our customers, who depend on us to provide reliable capacity under all market conditions.