Haynes International, Inc. (“Haynes”, “the Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is one of the world’s largest producers of high‑performance nickel‑ and cobalt‑based alloys in flat product form such as sheet, coil and plate forms. The Company is focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing and distributing technologically advanced, high‑performance alloys, which are sold primarily in the aerospace, chemical processing and industrial gas turbine industries. The Company’s products consist of high‑temperature resistant alloys, or HTA products, and corrosion‑resistant alloys, or CRA products. HTA products are used by manufacturers of equipment that is subjected to extremely high temperatures, such as jet engines for the aerospace market, gas turbine engines used for power generation and industrial heating equipment. CRA products are used in applications that require resistance to very corrosive media found in chemical processing, power plant emissions control and hazardous waste treatment. Management believes Haynes is one of the principal producers of high‑performance alloy flat products in sheet, coil and plate forms, and sales of these forms, in the aggregate, represented approximately 58% of net product revenues in fiscal 2019. The Company also produces its products as seamless and welded tubulars, and in slab, bar, billet and wire forms.
The Company has significant manufacturing facilities in Kokomo, Indiana; Arcadia, Louisiana; and Mountain Home, North Carolina. The Kokomo facility specializes in flat products, the Arcadia facility specializes in tubular products, and the Mountain Home facility specializes in wire products. The Company’s products are sold primarily through its direct sales organization, which includes 12 service and/or sales centers in the United States, Europe and Asia. All of these centers are Company‑operated. In fiscal 2019, approximately 75% of the Company’s net revenue was generated by its direct sales organization, and the remaining 25% was generated by a network of independent distributors and sales agents that supplement its direct sales efforts primarily in the United States, Europe and Asia, some of whom have been associated with the Company for over 30 years.
The Company’s goal is to grow its business by increasing revenues, profitability and cash flow while continuing to be its customers’ provider of choice for high-performance alloys and value-added processes. This goal is pursued within the overarching goal of safety, which is a core priority. The Company has launched and implemented a series of focus initiatives designed to continue to improve safety and to unlock the potential of the Company by increasing volumes, improving targeted pricing and relentlessly pursuing reduced costs. This includes effectively utilizing open capacity on major assets and managing mix at constrained assets.