Company Quick10K Filing
Hailiang Education Group
20-F 2019-06-30 Filed 2019-09-23
20-F 2018-06-30 Filed 2018-10-18
20-F 2017-06-30 Filed 2017-10-25
20-F 2016-06-30 Filed 2016-10-26

Hailiang Education Group Financials

HLG Metrics, Comps, Filings

Quarterly | Annual

Business

We are an exempted company with limited liability incorporated in the Cayman Islands. We conduct our business through our subsidiaries, and affiliated entities in China. As of June 30, 2019, we owned and operated 9 affiliated schools offering K-12 educational services in Zhuji, Zhejiang province and Zhenjiang, Jiangsu province of China, and managed and operated, but did not own or sponsor, an additional 27 private and public schools that offer K-12 educational services in Jiangxi, Hubei, Shandong and Zhejiang provinces of China.

We started our operations in 1995 when Zhuji Hailiang Foreign Language School, our first private school, was founded by Mr. Feng. Our second private school, Hailiang Experimental High School, was founded by Mr. Feng and Mr. Zhanghuan Meng in 2001. At the time of its founding, Mr. Feng owned 60% of the equity interest in the school and Mr. Meng held the remaining equity interest in the school. In November 2011, Mr. Feng purchased the remaining 40% equity interest in Hailiang Experimental High School from Mr. Meng and became the sole sponsor of Hailiang Experimental High School. Our third private school, Tianma Experimental School, was jointly acquired by Mr. Feng and Mr. Meng in July 2009. At the time of the acquisition, Mr. Feng and Mr. Meng beneficially owned 80% and 20% of the equity interest in the school, respectively. In November 2011, Mr. Feng acquired the 20% equity interest in the school from Mr. Meng and became the sole sponsor of Tianma Experimental School.

Between 2011 and 2013, we underwent a corporate restructuring in contemplation of our initial public offering. In particular:


Valuation ($BB)

Market Cap, Enterprise Value

Balance Sheet ($BB)

Assets, Equity

Income Statement ($BB Quarterly)

Revenue, G Profit, Net Income

Cash Flow ($BB Quarterly)

Ops, Inv, Fin

Comps ($MM TTM) Market Cap Gross Margin EV/EBITDA Ret on Assets Assets Liabilities Revenue G Profit Net Income EBITDA EV
Johnson Controls (JCI) 38,111 32% 6.3 14% 42,287 21,458 23,968 7,693 5,845 6,772 42,530
Hailiang Education Group (HLG) 23,963 0% 2,503 814 0 0 0 0 23,962
New Oriental Education & Technology (EDU) 14,566 0% 4,647 2,121 0 0 0 0 13,245
Gartner (IT) 13,107 64% 37.7 2% 6,737 5,818 3,042 1,942 166 397 14,982
Bright Horizons (BFAM) 9,474 25% 31.0 6% 3,211 2,317 2,020 512 179 338 10,465
Service International (SCI) 8,815 16% 15.1 3% 13,316 11,541 4,794 753 416 803 12,151
ServiceMaster (SERV) 7,681 45% 26.7 3% 5,017 2,680 1,570 701 154 331 8,851
TAL Education Group (TAL) 6,605 0% 3,735 1,205 0 0 0 0 5,342
Weight Watchers (WTW) 4,949 56% 25.3 18% 1,382 2,223 1,496 844 243 257 6,512
Grand Canyon Education (LOPE) 4,803 0% 14.8 15% 1,761 379 763 0 258 330 4,894
H&R Block (HRB) 4,729 43% 12.4 15% 2,757 2,832 3,112 1,345 413 484 6,008
Chegg (CHGG) 3,975 77% -331.0 -1% 1,464 995 381 293 -12 -11 3,523
UniFirst (UNF) 3,295 37% 9.2 8% 1,981 372 1,764 655 168 321 2,946
SEA (SE) 3,774 0% 2,193 2,432 0 0 0 0 2,516
Laureate Education (LAUR) 3,751 11% 3.6 16% 6,825 3,982 3,311 369 1,072 1,270 4,589
Premier (PINC) 3,698 60% 8.0 11% 2,595 904 1,463 871 273 449 3,581
Graham (GHC) 3,499 0% 8.4 4% 5,488 2,425 2,858 0 239 450 3,762
Strategic Education (STRA) 2,995 0% 12.5 4% 1,781 337 975 0 75 207 2,597
Yelp (YELP) 2,730 94% 38.9 2% 1,029 326 745 700 24 66 2,584
Adtalem Global Education (ATGE) 2,174 50% 9.9 5% 2,460 1,130 1,210 607 119 232 2,292

Balance Sheet ($MM)2018-06-302019-06-30
Cash2
Accounts Receivable
Inventory
PP&E
Assets1,8852,503
Accounts Payable
Long-Term Debt
Liabilities550814
Stockholders' Equity
Income Statement ($MM)2018-06-302019-06-30
Revenue
Cost of Revenue
Gross Profit
R&D
SG&A
Tax
Net Income
Cash Flow ($MM)2018-06-302019-06-30
Cash Operating
Cash Investing
Cash Financing